____________________________________
First thing first, I am pretty inspired today to do some serious writing. BUT first, let me share a "joke" told by my traditional and witty dad.
1)As Ministry of Sound (the new club) opened a few weeks ago on a Friday. I decided to go for the opening and the 2nd day launch of this new club. Even if I had to queue in my high vintage heels, I hanged on. Following up on the Sunday on our way for our Sunday family dinner, he started the questioning. Why did you go. Whats so attractive about it. The catch is this ("joke"). He said " Since the club is new and just opened and popular and attractive, in which you checked it out first hand, why don't I see you that excited in checking out the latest opening of the Singapore national library which is eqaully famous and newly opened with one of the best design built? ( my dad is sure smart. Talking about how smart we Hong Kongers are with the word arrangments) This sentence is know as a sarcastic remark/joke. TO be laughed at the victim.
Now this is the main bit.
It is about the dreams and goals and ambitions. (of mine)
When we were little kids in pre-school, our ambitions was to become a teacher, a lawyer, a doctor, a policewoman, a firewoman. Yet, we were fickled about these and subsequently we change our options every few seconds. At those time, we don't even know the real meaning of dreams, goals and ambitions. This was called airy nonsense.
As we grow older, our dreams, goals and ambitions change. Family's agreement and views makes up part of our path of life in our studies especially. In a Chinese (traiditonal and conservative family), they will always hope their kids will turn out to be someone they could not be. For example, get the education they miss. The different choices of courses and universities. The choice of going abroad and so forth.
Airy nonsense and talks will not be tolerated.
Of course, I have my times of being fickle about my dreams, goals and ambitions. To be exact, I still am till this day. =)
My main ambitions were being a doctor, an owner of a boutique or cafe and opening my own orphanage.
My parents being the traditional chinese and conservative type disagreed on the fact of me studying fashion design and getting a degree in it. To them they see it as "no future" rather than an interest or a passion.
Yet, I was thankful for my family in supporting my decision on "trying" to get into a medicine course, despite knowing My grades won't be that great or maintaining my focus of 6 years. haha. At least, Ive got a chance, though I ruined it.
However, it took them a while to convince them that I was a sucker for maths thus Arts here I came. I was arty farty. Loves fashion, Loves presentations, Loves yakking away and still manage to entertain everyone and keep them still in my topics. It was hard, trust me.
Now, entering my 2nd year of Arts, I became unsure of my inital purpose of getting into a Arts course despite I getting a good place in Busniess and Arts in the University of Western Australia initial. Yet, I ended up choosing Monash University which was second place to Melbourne University and Universtiy of Western Australia. Weird hey? How something becomes so empty all of the sudden.
Alrights, Somhow I feel this post is getting out of track. Probs cause my mind and eyes are shutting down. Will add more another day when Im more clear in my mind.
Before I forget, these are what I will definitely achieve in my life.
1) Vintage Rose ( my vintage cafe/ pub/ chill out)
2) Become my own fashion stylist
3) Be famous in my own fame
4) My orphangage, providing the best I could for those that miss the care and education others have
I hate saying goodbyes. Times flies faster when you are asleep and playing. Time passes faster when you have to leave.
We humans love to dream and talk air language. Sometimes we should all learn to actually perform and act on the problem rather than find excuses or blame it on others or ourselves, when we know the problem will just increase or stays input if nothing is done.
Humans are ironic. We may have a big brain and uses only a few percentage of the big brain. Sadly, that small percentage is not used correctly half of the time. Tsk. tsk.